Friday, July 19, 2013

Inspiring


Today I'm joining The First Grade Parade to share some of my favorite pins.  I hope you find them worth sharing too.


Celebrating with writers is so very important.  I fell in love with this certificate so much so that I created my own versions for all the other units of study that I do with my writers.  


I could never visualize an easy way to make a pie chart with first graders until I found this pin.  Brilliant!


Listening to the author of Pete the Cat read/sing his story is the icing on the cake.  The kids love this.

Believe it or not, this pin comes right from a math lesson.  It's the kind of math I'd love to do more of - a task that's highly engaging, based on problem solving, teaches various concepts, is easy to differentiate, and can last more than one day.  Inspiring.

I love classroom books.  My kids do too.  This is one I really need to make.  I've a feeling my kids would read it over and over.


Hooray for inspiring ideas!








Pin It!

14 comments:

  1. Great pins! Did you know Pete is in a new book? I can't wait to get my hands on it!
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenny, I saw the new Pete book on your blog for the first time. Yes, a must-read!

      Delete
  2. What a great way to do a pie graph! I have seen that all about the teacher pin before and have wanted to do that. Maybe I will get that done this year. The kids would love it!
    Lori
    Conversations in Literacy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lori, I really need to make that book about me too. I'm sure it would be a popular read.

      Delete
  3. Hi Tammy,
    Thanks for sharing my pin! It is definitely one of my favorite math lessons of all time. I have done it with kids from K-6 in various forms and it always super engaging, gets kids excited about math and really helps kids learn about compare problems!

    Tara
    The Math Maniac

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tara, I'm glad I was able to share your wonderful ideas with others. We need more math lessons like that in our classrooms.

      Delete
  4. I'm so glad you shared these. There were several I hadn't seen before!

    Crystal

    Teaching Little Miracles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crystal, I'm glad I found some that were new for you.

      Delete
  5. Wow! That last pin looks familiar, Tammy! Thanks for sharing it. I need to update it this year.
    Connie Anderson
    Welcome To First Grade Room 5

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Connie, thanks for sharing such a great idea with me. I'm glad that I was able to then share it with others!

      Delete
  6. Great Ideas, thanks for sharing. I am going to have to make that book.

    Sue
    The Very Busy Classroom

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love the Pete the Cat: I Love My White Shoes video! We will definitely be watching that this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If You Give a Teacher a Blog, your kids will love it.

      Delete