Monday, July 8, 2013

Experts in Smartness

I found a little something at IKEA this last week that will come in so very handy in my classroom.  Check these out.


A few times last year I tried turning charts into small table versions that could sit at each group of desks.  It's a great strategy for getting essential ideas practically right into their hands.  It's kind of hard to ignore when it's sitting right in front of their noses.  (Interested in the idea and the book that gave it to me? Go here.)  Unfortunately, I struggled with execution.  My stands were a little too wobbly.  That's why IKEA's little frames are going to save the day.  


At the beginning of the year I won't have any charts to shrink, so I'm going to start the year off by making sure one of these is at each group.  As the year goes on, I'm looking forward to changing them out with those ideas from charts that really need to stick.    


Thanks to www.doodledotillustrations.blogspot.com for the dot paper.

Even though this might only be useful for someone who owns the IKEA frames and does blue in their classroom, click on the graphic for your own copy.  

By the way, you might want to know

  • the words can be seen on both sides of the frame
  • they're only 99 cents
  • they come in a variety of colors
  • if I'm not mistaken, they're soon to be discontinued
  • better get yours now




Thanks Tara for letting me join you again for some Monday Made-It!
Pin It!

40 comments:

  1. Perfect idea...execution is adorable as well.
    Amanda
    Rock Stars At Work

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are really cute! I love IKEA. I wish we had one where I lived. I have gotten online several times to check out the stuff they have.

    Jamie
    teachingtidbit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it, wish I lived closer to an IKEA I've been wanting some of those frames so bad!! Great way to use them!

    Amy
    The Resource(ful) Room

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amy, I live about 5 hours away from the nearest IKEA. Great stuff!

      Delete
  4. I actually have an IKEA right down the road-although I avoid going in there as much as possible because I know I'll have to buy something. Those are very cute though-I might have to break down and visit again. :)

    NotJustChild'sPlay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Miss Trayers, yes, you might have to break down and make a visit. :)

      Delete
  5. I am going to check these out on my next trip to IKEA. They look so much cuter than the clear plastic ones I got from Staples. I love saying you put inside:)
    Connie Anderson
    www.welcometofirstgraderoom5.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Connie, thank you. IKEA did a great job with these.

      Delete
  6. What a great idea! I wish we had an IKEA nearby... Maybe I can check online. Thanks for sharing!

    Crystal
    Teaching Little Miracles

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are perfect! So many creative uses!
    Kelly
    A View Into My Classroom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kelly, thank you. Yes, I think they could serve lots of purposes.

      Delete
  8. Bummer, can't buy the frames online and there is not one nearby! :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Emily, bummer that you can't buy them online!

      Delete
  9. I have these frames. I actually posted about them too. I bought all of the colors and used them in my centers. Love the price!!
    Tammy
    Primary Paradise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tammy, aren't they great? Yes, the price is fantastic!

      Delete
  10. What a super cute idea! The frames would look great on their tables. Wish I had an Ikea near me!
    Lori
    Conversations in Literacy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lori, thank you. I think they'll look great too. Bummer, you can't get to an IKEA.

      Delete
  11. Great idea! I have never actually been to an Ikea and am pretty sure the nearest one is six hours away, but I will be checking around for something similar!

    Thanks for sharing:)

    Tara
    The Math Maniac

    ReplyDelete
  12. not fair there is NO Ikea anywhere near here! but these are super cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tessa, thank you. Might have to jump in the car and find an IKEA. :)

      Delete
  13. I just bought these frames at IKEA and I wasn't totally sure what to do with them - I LOVE THIS IDEA! I know the kids will love it, too. Thanks so much for sharing!

    Kristina
    Mrs. Z & Company

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kristina, I'm glad you've found something to do with those great frames.

      Delete
  14. Love the idea of giving your kids mini-posters or charts. Your holders look so cute.
    Great idea!
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sara. It was a great idea from a great book.

      Delete
  15. I saw those at IKEA and couldn't think what to do with them. This is darling! I'm going to have to go back and get some. Thanks for the idea.
    Petersons-Pad

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sheree, oh yes, you'll definitely have to go back now!

      Delete