Monday, September 24, 2012

Borders Both Functional and Meaningful

There are a lot of things my first graders must take away with them when they leave my room in June.  All the must-have skills are obviously important, but there are some ways of thinking and being that I sure hope stick with them no matter what.  A few years ago I found a creative way to display some of the favorite messages that I hope will sink into their hearts.  Here are a few pictures.





As you can see, I use them as borders around my calendar.  It's nothing fancy, but it is functional and meaningful all at the same time.




Pin It!

8 comments:

  1. Fantastic! Thanks for sharing this simple yet powerful idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your room definitely speaks of the sense of community and worth that you work to foster with your students!
    Lori
    Conversations in Literacy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lori, thank you much. I like that my room speaks.

      Delete