Sunday, March 25, 2012

A Nice Distraction

I wouldn't typically post on a Sunday night, but I'm officially on spring break so I can post whenever I want, right?  (While you're here, would you mind taking a look at my new button?)  Okay, so on to more important things.  


We just finished celebrating Read Week.  Our school has traditionally celebrated it the week before spring break.  It makes for a nice distraction for kids and adults alike who might possibly otherwise be thinking about those future days off.  (Not that I would know anything about that.)  This is the letter that I send home to parents about how their child can get involved.





I saw the idea for Read My Shirt Day from Lori at Chickadee Jubilee.  I left her a comment saying she inspired me to make a class book.  Here's a snippet of the finished product.





Pin It!

16 comments:

  1. Cute button and I love the Read My Shirt idea! Very fun!
    Lori
    Conversations in Literacy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lori. Is there anything that can't be turned into a book? :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Sara, the kids will think so too. Thank you for reading my little post.

      Delete
  3. I love the button! :)

    I'm having a giveaway with a freebie! Visit my blog and check it out!

    Rachel

    A-B-Seymour

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rachel. I appreciate you visiting. I love new visitors.

      Delete
  4. Read My Shirt book- what a great idea!

    -Julie
    www.lightafire3.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie. I'm always looking for an excuse to make a class book!

      Delete
  5. Your button is really pretty...I love it!
    I also love the read my shirt idea. Very, very fun and cool for the kids. Did you have a special day where you asked kids to wear a shirt with a message or did you take pictures as the kids wore one? <3
    Finally, a HUGE thank you for commenting on my blog. I would award you the "Best Follower" award if you didn't already have one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keri, I'm glad you like my button. It's pretty simple, but it's perfect for me.

      The kids wore their shirts on a particular day.

      I'm blessed to know you enjoy my comments. I enjoy yours too!

      Delete
  6. Thanks for the blog shout out! Turning it into a book is such a great idea. You could reinforce quotation marks too. Also, I love your button! Mine currently doesn't work...it is on my spring break to do list.

    Laurie
    Chickadee Jubilee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Laurie. I was more than happy to let people know where the idea originally came from.

      Delete