Thursday, March 22, 2012

A Most Brilliant Idea

This could be the most brilliant thing I've ever blogged about, and I can say that because it's not my idea to claim.  Before reading on, I wouldn't feel right unless you first look here to see the original, but then please do come back.  Thanks to Lori at Conversations in Literacy for sharing such a fantastic project.  When Kim from our third grade crew saw that I pinned it, she got the ball rolling, we put some creativity to use, and voila. 


Staff members brought in childhood pictures.  We copied them in black and white.


They told us their favorite childhood book.  That's me in kindergarten.  I'm sorry to say I don't really remember my favorite book back then, but I do remember pink curlers.


To make it interactive, the staff member's name is under their picture.


It's been a favorite with the adults and the kids at our school.  I think we might have stumbled across a new tradition.

Pin It!

16 comments:

  1. Very cute! We have our elementary pics on our school website=)
    Jennifer
    First Grade Blue SKies

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too cute. I'll bet the kids love looking for their teacher.
    Tammy

    First Grade @ Klinger Cafe
    dtklinger@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tammy, yes they have enjoyed it. It's been fun for everyone.

      Delete
  3. The display turned out wonderfully! I am sure your teachers and students are loving see everyone when they were little and what they read! Thanks so much for linking back to me!
    Lori
    Conversations in Literacy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loir, thanks for graciously letting us borrow the idea. I hope everyone understands this was not my idea. You and your blog get the credit.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks Sandra! I don't recall loving the curlers.

      Delete
  5. I love this idea I want to do this at my school next year at our night open house!! Love it Tammy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mrs. Clancy for coming by. I'm glad you love Lori's idea as much as I did.

      Delete
  6. Those are so cute! What a great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked it Jill. Thanks for coming by.

      Delete
  7. This is a great idea. It would look great in our library at the beginning of the year. I also LOVE your blog design. Who designed it?
    Teachin' First

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kristy. I'm glad you came by. A friend of mine from church worked on my blog design. If she weren't experiencing physical issues, I'd give you her name. Thanks again!

      Delete