Monday, March 5, 2012

In Honor of Antonyms and Awards

I'm all about making classroom books.  They're very popular with my kids.  I've mentioned before that we make so many that each child gets to take at least two home at the end of the year as souvenirs.  Click here if you just might be interested in seeing some of the books I've posted about so far.  

The book below is in honor of antonyms, as well as learning a concept by way real reading and real writing.  I partnered up the kids and together they worked on an antonym pair.  One word was illustrated on one side of the paper.  Its antonym was on the other.  It's not massively creative, but it's worth reading by kids, simply because it was authored by them.








Before I put this post to rest, I'd sincerely like to thank Natalie from Teachery Tidbits, Sandy from Soaring Through Second Grade, and Mandy from Mandy's Tips For Teachers for thinking my blog is worthy of the One Lovely Blog Award.  I'd also like to thank Amy from The Crazy Adventures of a University Grad, Kelly from All That Glitters in First Grade, and Mrs. Cook from First Grade Smart Cookies for sending the Top 10 Award my way.  I consider it an honor, and I'd like to honor these gals by inviting you to visit their blogs.  I know they'd love to hear from you.


I'd love to send you all to visit these gals as well.  They're now awarded with the Top 10 too!

Miss Russell from Thoughts of a Student Teacher
Jennifer from The First Grade Dream
Amanda from Learn, Laugh, Grow
Pin It!

10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you Jennifer. I love to hear that others love class books too.

      Delete
  2. Cute! Can't wait to check out some of the other books you've made. On my way to check out some new blogs too! Thanks for posting and sharing!

    Melanie
    First Grade Brain Sprinkles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Melanie, thank you for coming by. I love the company.

      Delete
  3. What an adorable book and thanks so much for the award! :)
    Lisa
    Stories From Second

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa, you're most very welcome. Thanks for dropping by.

      Delete
  4. Love, love, love class made books! So worthwhile!
    Lori
    Conversations in Literacy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just stumbled across your blog. The class books look great! I bet the kids enjoy showing off their work.

    Sara :)
    Smiling In Second Grade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sara for coming by. I'm glad you stumbled onto my blog. The kids do love their own books for sure!

      Delete