Monday, March 18, 2013

Self-Control, Not...


I have a little saying in my room that comes in very handy when a little person is awfully concerned about what everyone else is doing.  They want to tell me what so and so is up to, and sometimes they even want to tell so and so about it too.  In one of these moments, I like to say, "It's called self-control, not (insert name of child they are tattling on) -control."  It works pretty well, and it's even better when they can finish my sentence.  "It's called self-control, not..." I pause and the child takes it from there.  

While we're on the subject of self-control, have you heard of self-control bubbles?  Check them out here and another post about self-control here too.  It's a great time of year to remind our little ones about such things.  :)


Pin It!

14 comments:

  1. This is great! Your class must run so smoothly. :)
    Lori
    Conversations in Literacy

    ReplyDelete
  2. AdOrAbLe! I may find myself borrowing that from time to time!!

    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barbara, you're more than welcome to! Thank you.

      Delete
  3. <3 this...I just might find myself saying this at some point!!

    Laurie
    First Grade Lyons' Den

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this... My kiddos now finish my sentence " The person you need to take care of is ..." with "myself." It sort of doesn't make sense but they certainly know what I mean. I'm going to try "It's called self-control..." Thanks:)
    Lyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lyn, I love it when kids can finish our sentences!

      Delete
  5. Okay that's really good. I'm totally using this!
    ❀Barbara❀
    Grade ONEderful
    Ruby Slippers Blog Designs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too funny! I'm sure it does just what you intend. :-)
    As I take my kids to lunch, they always like to pause as they turn the corner to "tattle." I have nick-named it "Tattle-Tale Corner." I may have to try this!

    Crystal
    Teaching Little Miracles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crystal, sounds like this might come in handy at the corner! :)

      Delete