Friday, February 15, 2013

Valentimes? (cute video)

One of my goals in life is to teach the world how to pronounce  the word "valentine."  When I say the world, I really mean the world of six-year olds.  This week my little ones got the speech about how our mouths get a wee bit lazy at times and don't quite say words correctly.  "Guess what guys?  There's no such thing as valentime."  Gasp.  It was pretty funny a few days later when one of my boys made sure to tell me that he brought his valentinnnnnes (with a heavy emphasis on the n) to school that day.  Nicely done.

This video is proof that little people do not know how to pronounce that word.  It's a funny video anyway, so you might as well watch.  Enjoy!


Happy Late Valentime's Day!

Thanks Stacy from Simpson's Superstars for inviting me to join your linky today.  If you have something from V-day to share, you should link up as well.




Pin It!

12 comments:

  1. OK, that's AdOrAbLe ... who'd have thought to dub in little kids' voices ... quite clever! Thanks for the giggle.

    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barbara, I'm glad you got a giggle out of that. Watch these too!
      http://foreverin1st.blogspot.com/2013/01/math-kid-snippets-must-see.html

      Delete
    2. OMG, that was hilarious!! Thanks.

      Delete
  2. That is the cutest video. I'm hosting a linky for people to share their Valentine's Day pictures, I'd REALLY love for you to link up this post to the party if you have time. Enjoy your long weekend.

    ✰ Stacy

    Simpson Superstars

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stacy, thanks for the invite. I'll definitely take you up on that!

      Delete
  3. I thought of you this week when several of my students said Valentimes! So hard for some of them to correct. :)
    Lori
    Conversations in Literacy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lori, it is a hard one and so funny that children in Missouri do it as well. It's universal.

      Delete
  4. Hi! Found you on Stacy's linky! Cute video! Thanks for posting!
    Kim
    TheVeryBusyFirstGraders

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kim. Thanks for finding me. I appreciate new friends!

      Delete
  5. WHAT? It isn't Valentime's Day? I guess I'll have to redo a lot of lessons!
    Jenny
    Owl Things First

    ReplyDelete
  6. The print has one of the magnificent print resolution.It has two ink cartridges-Black and Color, as your requirement.
    ij.start.cannon
    offers an extraordinary Mono Print Speed, Color Print Speed.
    The Photo Print Speed might contrast in borderless prints based on its type. It offers all print results to be borderless of course. Clients might even go for faultless two-sided printing

    ReplyDelete