Saturday, February 2, 2013

Love Notes

Amy Rider from Literacy and Laughter is having a linky of love  this month, so I'll be sharing some of my loves in this post.  If you'd like to share some of yours, visit her blog and join up.

“Lovely List”
Name: Tammy 
Grade you teach: first
State: Idaho
Birthday: August 27th 
Favorite colors: blue
Lucky Number: Do I have one?
Favorite subject to teach: literacy
Go-to snack: Fortunately, I don't have a go-to snack because if I did, it would probably be cookie dough or cake mix.
TV Show: Survivor, Biggest Loser, American Idol, Project Runway, Bachelor (shameful I know)
Last movie you watched: Lincoln (I cried at the end.  As if I didn't know what was going to happen.  My word.)
Music you are loving right now: Cornerstone by Hillsongs
Always shopping at: Winco...I haven't been out much lately. 
Word of the day: impressed

What are you favorite hobbies or what do you enjoy doing in your free time?
I really enjoy reading, although this laptop (and blog) of mine have gotten in the way a bit which I really hate to admit.  I do need to do something about that.  Also in my free time, I'm often at the gym or asleep.  Sleeping can be a free time activity, right?  

What are your favorite vacation destinations?
I've been to Europe eight times.  Italy is right there at the top of my favorites list.  When I think about my happy place, I envision myself walking the streets and alleys of Florence or climbing to the top of the Duomo.  Sigh.




(There's the top of the Duomo.)

What's the best advice you've been given?
I'm preparing to help teach Dave Ramsey's FPU with my cousin at church, so my mind is wrapped up in financial things right now.  I'm going to share my best financial advice.  Do a monthly budget, give every dollar a name, and spend every dollar on paper first.  It will feel like you got a raise.

What's the most rewarding part of teaching?
The most rewarding part is also the most challenging part.  I love watching the growth that happens in first grade.   They show up as kindergarteners and leave as second graders.  It's a complete transformation in nine months.

What are you known for?
I'm known for my font.  If ever I'm in a class with other teachers and there are charts to be made, I'm always the scribe.  (I actually don't mind.  I'd rather write than explain the chart to everyone anyway.)  

What are two random facts about you? (make that 3)
1)  I was a valedictorian in high school and was voted to give the benediction.  (We had those back then.)  I chose to sing it.  I believe my parents still have it on tape, but I can still remember it.

2)  I don't eat in my car.  It's a rule.  Water is okay though.

3)  I made a Christmas CD with my cousin Laurie.  Many of our family members got to add their voices as well.  (I had to add this random fact, because there are picture below from one of our recording sessions.)



Who are the loves of your life?


God (no picture provided)


my parents - we went on a Mediterranean cruise together

my best friend Paige - on Mt. Rainier

my brother Tim on the right
(I love my Uncle Burt, cousin Kevin, and nephew Kyle too)

my brother Marc

loveable cousins, aunt, and niece

Thanks for reading about some of my loves.  Link up if you'd like to share some of yours too.






Pin It!

12 comments:

  1. I feel so much closer to knowing you now!
    I am drooling over your numerous trips to Europe and Italy...Fingers crossed, Chris and I will be honeymooning there next summer!
    I love seeing you surrounded by all your friends and family! Life is Good!
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Julie, where you do you plan on going while you're there in Europe? How exciting though. I'll be crossing my fingers with you.

      Delete
  2. Wow- 8 times to Europe! That is fabulous. We both love Survivor and watch The Bachelor- how funny! And Cornerstone is a song we sing all of the time at my church. Lots of similarities. :)
    Lori
    Conversations in Literacy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lori, lots of similarities indeed. Do you eat in your car though? :)

      Delete
  3. Tammy, thanks for linking up. It is fun getting to know other bloggers. A Christmas CD??? - I am impressed! : ) Loved all of the pictures you shared. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 8 times to Europe! I am sooooo JEALOUS!!! I've only been to England to visit my husbands family, but we often talk of going back and visiting other countries as well! And yes, I think sleep would count as a hobby!

    Leigh
    The Applicious Teacher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leigh, you'll have to visit Italy if you get a chance. It's such an amazing place!

      Delete
  5. I'm jealous too. I'm really hoping to take my family to Italy someday. My mom was born there, but we've never been there. Dying to hear the Christmas CD... :) What a fun (and talented) family!
    Kimberly
    Funky First Grade Fun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kimberly, I hope you can make it there. It's an amazing place to visit.

      Delete
  6. What a fun post! I'm going to Germany this summer and can hardly wait!
    Jenny
    Owl Things First

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jennifer, what fun that will be. I hope it's the best trip ever.

      Delete