Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Love and Some Logic

Love and Logic is easily one of my favorite classroom management resources.  I haven't posted about it much, but it's on my list of things to share more about in the future.  (Here's a little previous post on arguing, and this one is about our one class rule.  Both ideas are Love and Logic gold mines.)

Love and Logic puts out an email newsletter for parents, which often applies to the classroom as well.  Each one provides a helpful tip.  It's easy and free to sign up.  Click on the picture if you're interested.
  

Depending on whether the tip is useful for parents of first graders or not, I like to create a parent version to send home each week.  I simply copy and paste, and it's ready to go home.  Click on the picture if you'd like a copy.


There are moments when my classroom needs an extra dose of Love and Logic.  If yours does too, you should take a look and see how this resource can help your class as well.

Pin It!

13 comments:

  1. We got the L&L book for Christmas from our new principal but I haven't started it yet. Now you've piqued my curiosity ... it's really that good? Starting it this weekend!

    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that idea of sending home the parent tips! Lots of parents ask about how to handle different situations that come up. That would be great to have!
    Lori
    Conversations in Literacy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lori, I'm not sure how many parents actually read them, but I sure do hope most of them do. They're so user-friendly and helpful!

      Delete
  3. Love and Logic...so logical. A couple years ago we did a Love and Logic/PBIS training so they could be used together.

    Laurie
    Chickadee Jubilee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laurie, my school is moving towards PBIS. I'm glad to know that my Love & Logic will fit it well.

      Delete
  4. I went to a Love and Logic workshop, but it was too long ago for me to remember much. I bought the book when I was there and I have gotten it out to try and help me with my challenging class this year. Thanks for the link to the newsletter. I will definitely check it out. ; )
    Kelly
    I'm Not Your Grandpa, I'm Your Teacher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kelly, I've really enjoyed the Love and Logic workshops and training I've had. Maybe you'll have to track down another one for a little refresher. They're so good!

      Delete
  5. Tammy, This post came at the perfect time. I was feeling so frustrated with a very disruptive child. I went back and reread portions of my Love and Logic book and things went much better today. Thanks.
    Lyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lyn, I'm glad Love and Logic was able to help. It's sure helped me out many a time!

      Delete
  6. You always introduce me to amazing things. I think I need this in my own house! Thank you so much.

    Kimberley
    First in Maine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kimberley, you would probably love using it in your home, although your kids might not. :)

      Delete
  7. I love you too much to argue about the usefulness of that book! I use that line a lot! I've used what I learned in the parenting book in my classroom a lot! I should get the one for teachers...Another item in my Amazon basket!
    Jenny
    Owl Things First

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenny, that's a great one-liner. I use it a lot too!

      Delete