Thursday, December 26, 2013

Joy!

Have you met Barbara from The Corner on Character?  She is a true gem.  I haven't had the privilege of meeting her in person, but several email conversations have convinced me that I'd love to steal her away from Texas and make her work at my school.  She inspired this post over a year ago with one of her random acts of kindness suggestions.  I quickly incorporated it into my classroom RACK (Random Acts of Christmas Kindness) activities we do during the month of December.  Look here if you're interested in hearing more.

We made get well cards, and I delivered them to the local Walgreen's pharmacy to be handed out with prescriptions.  Here are a few pictures.






This is what we wrote on the back.



When I made my delivery to Walgreens the other day, the pharmacist happily responded, "Oh yeah.  We had these last year!"  I'm glad my kids and their kindness left a mark, and I hope they leave many more in the future.  (Thank you dear Barbara for the inspiration!)


Pin It!

20 comments:

  1. What a wonderful idea, and yes Barbara is amazing!
    Shawna
    The Picture Book Teacher's Edition

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shawna, she definitely is amazing and full of wonderful ideas.

      Delete
  2. Wow...what an amazing idea! Thank you for sharing! Smiles and stop by anytime!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Kimberley, I can say the same thing about you.

      Delete
  4. What a sweet pick me up for those that are having to pick up prescriptions! Sure to bring a smile to their face and warm their heart!
    Lori
    Conversations in Literacy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lori, I sure hope so. It's not fun to be sick during the holidays.

      Delete
  5. Love this - what a cool idea! Thanks for sharing!
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sara, you're very welcome. Barbara has great ideas.

      Delete
  6. What an awesome idea! We are so doing this next year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kristy, I'm sure you and your kids will enjoy it!

      Delete
  7. Love this idea. Hope you don't mind if I have my kids do this next year.
    Connie Anderson:)
    Welcome To First Grade Room 5

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely idea! We collected cans and warm clothes for our local community closet.

    Laurie
    Chickadee Jubilee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laurie, sounds like a great way to bless someone's holiday!

      Delete
  9. WoW ... talk about heartwarming ... LOVE your joy cards and grateful for your shout out. I am so blessed to call you my friend!!

    May your new year be blessed beyond measure.

    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barbara, thank you for inspiring me. You're rather good at that.

      Delete
  10. I love Barbara. I haven't met her either but she's been a great blog friend!
    Your joy cards are beautiful!

    Grade ONEderful
    Ruby Slippers Blog Designs

    ReplyDelete