Monday, December 23, 2013

Christmas Place Mats

Back in November, I read a post by Miss Trayers at Not Just Child's Play.  Her kids made Thanksgiving place mats as a form of community service.  I loved the idea so much that I incorporated it into my RACK (Random Acts of Christmas Kindness) days that I do with my kids in December.  Go here to read more about RACKing.  

My kids made Christmas place mats for some local senior citizens.  They did such a beautiful job.  I was proud to share them with our elderly community.  Here are just a few, but they were all wonderful.









I hope these place mats create some smiles and change some worlds this Christmas season!  (Thanks Miss Trayers for the wonderful idea.)


Pin It!

17 comments:

  1. They did awesome job! I'm sure it was very appreciated .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Miss Trayers, thank you for an awesome idea!

      Delete
  2. What a sweet thing for them and you to do! I am sure it brought smiles to the faces of the seniors and to the children.
    Lori
    Conversations in Literacy

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great activity to teach kids about giving during this time of year.
    Their placemats turned out great!!
    Connie Anderson:)
    Welcome To First Grade Room 5

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Connie, I was impressed with out great they turned out.

      Delete
  4. Don't you LOVE Miss Trayers? And I love your placements; they turned out beautiful! Looks like it was a win-win.

    Merry Christmas, Tammy!

    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am definitely adding this to next year's random acts of kindness. They came out so well. Merry Christmas Tammy!
    Lyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lyn, it's a simple but great act of kindness that your little ones would enjoy too.

      Delete
  6. Very cute!! They will enhance many dinners!!! Smiles and stop by anytime!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it, Tammy! Now I'm headed over to read your RACKing post...
    ;-)

    Crystal
    Teaching Little Miracles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Crystal. I hope you enjoyed reading more.

      Delete
  8. Another great idea (I'm reading these backwards :)
    I wanted to do R.A.K. and did a couple, but just couldn't think. I'm so borrowing these for next year! Thanks, thanks, thanks for sharing!
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, and did you laminate them? Or just send the paper? Still cool, either way! Sara

      Delete
    2. Sara, if you come up with some great ideas for your RACK, let me know. Nope, I didn't laminate them. If laminating film didn't cost so much, I might have done it though. :)

      Delete