Sunday, January 4, 2015

Devoured

I'm back to work tomorrow, and although I do love my class, I'll miss spending my days on the couch, under a blanket, with a book.  Just in case someone is looking for a good read, here are the books I devoured in December.  

This is a mixture of Christian, historical fiction, and romance.  It was okay.

I gave this 4 out of 5 stars.  I enjoyed the characters and their story.

Here's my favorite of the month.  It was hard to put down.

This is my second favorite.  It's wartime historical fiction set in a French town that I've actually visited.  

This one is not my cup of tea.

This is an enjoyable YA fast read.

A local author and teacher wrote this.  I liked it.

This short book is based on a true story.  It's an interesting story but the author didn't thoroughly capture me.  

Here's a historical fiction that I really enjoyed.  

I found this to be entertaining with a touch of dark.













Pin It!

12 comments:

  1. Can I say how impressed I am that you read all of those books in one month. And jealous? Seriously! I think I know my new resolution...I have really abandoned my reading for fun and I miss it. A lot. Happy New Year!

    Firstgradebloomabilities

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa, I've been pretty determined to always have a book handy. It helps that I live without very few distractions. :)

      Delete
  2. I have several of those books in my pile-glad to hear your opinions of them! I know what you mean about missing the blanket and the couch! I think my puppy is even going to miss that time-she would try to cuddle up with me.

    Not Just Child's Play

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Miss Trayers, now I want to know which ones are on your list!

      Delete
  3. Wow! I am so impressed! I was just thinking this morning that maybe I need to watch less tv and read more. I loved this post, and this summer, when I'm at the library, thinking "hmm...where to begin..." and I'm ready to call my sister to ask her what to get, I'll be able to pull up this post! So thank you for that!
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  4. Devoured is an appropriate title for your post about books! Out of the ones you read last month I have read A Thousand Splendid Suns. I wasn't blown away by that one either. It was just okay. Sorry you will now have less time to read now that break is over!
    Lori
    Conversations in Literacy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lori, it is so sad that my reading time is now dwindling.

      Delete
  5. I always love your book recommendations. Thanks, Tammy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haven't read any of these, so I'm glad for the recommendations. I've been reading some that I've devoured, too. I love staying up too late to read... Until the next morning! Lol Sara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't stay up late on a school night but otherwise I will definitely read into the wee hours!

      Delete