Sunday, June 30, 2013

Tic Tac Toe, Three in a Row


I think I'll get acquainted today with Flying Into First Grade's linky.  Today's topic is Tic Tac Toe.  I need to choose three categories that make Tic Tac Toe, three in a row. 


I choose the vertical column on the right.

Dream Vacation:

Florence, Italy is my happy place.  I've been to Europe several times but three times to Florence.  Hopefully I'll be back several more.  If anyone needs a tour guide, I'm your gal.  My feet know their way around that place.

Books I'm Reading:
  
I won't share the 12 books I've already read this summer or the 5 others that are waiting in line, but these are the 3 that I'm currently working on.  The first is for fun, because I love my fiction.  The second is a given, because Regie rocks.  The third is for my math instruction, because I'd love to improve the way my kids work on problem solving in my classroom.

Hobbies:


Working out in my Nikes is a favorite hobby of mine.  Singing is another.  I do most of my singing at church, but the second picture is the cover of the Christmas CD my cousin and I made.  Lastly, Regie is not a hobby of mine, although it's not a bad idea.  Reading is though.

If you're up for a little Tic Tac Toe, head on over to Flying Into First Grade!

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Pin It!

18 comments:

  1. I hope to go to Italy one day. We will see...

    EmCurious Firsties

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm very jealous that you have been to Italy three times! Wow. My good friend just went also last month. I think I'll have to add Italy to my travel bucket list as well.

    ~Stephanie
    Fifth Grade Dugout

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stephanie, you definitely need to add Italy to your list. It's a magical place.

      Delete
  3. Italy sounds divine. John went to Iscia once on business but it was September and such a busy time for a high school guidance counselor, so I couldn't go (insert sad face!).

    What a voracious reader you must be. I've got like four books going right now but I'm not plowing through any one of them very quickly.

    Fun to get to know a bit more about you ... thanks for sharing.

    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barbara, I'm sad for you. You would adore Italy I'm sure.

      Delete
  4. That is amazing that you have been to Italy three times! You have been working hard this summer on that reading hobby of yours. You have read some great books!
    Lori
    Conversations in Literacy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lori, I do adore my Italy. Maybe some day you'll get to enjoy it too?

      Delete
  5. That is so great about your travels! I'm such a home-body, I had a hard time just going to CO...Ha!

    Crystal
    Teaching Little Miracles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crystal, oddly enough, I love being at home too but I don't mind exploring a little as well. There's still no place like home. :)

      Delete
  6. I didn't know Regie had a new book out. I'm off to check it out. Thanks!

    Grade ONEderful
    Ruby Slippers Blog Designs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barb, it came out this year I believe. It's basically a compilation of her best ideas, and she's got many. :)

      Delete
  7. What a fun linky! I think I'd pick the same three!! I do love to travel. My next destination is Scotland...I hope!
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenny, my parents have been to Scotland or at least Ireland. I went to England, so I was close. Anyway, I hear it's beautiful there.

      Delete
  8. I would love to go to Italy. I went 35 years ago, don't you think it's about time for me to go again?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sandy, 35 years ago hardly counts. Yes, it's time to go back!

      Delete
  9. Love your Ask Me About board idea... Thanks so much for sharing!

    Smiles,
    Sarah @ Hoots N Hollers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sarah, thanks! I sure hope it works like I want it to.

      Delete