Saturday, February 13, 2016

#FlyHighFri Podcast of Me

On the whole, I'm a fairly quiet sort, but in the right setting I have a lot to say about my profession. I wouldn't have ever thought that being interviewed on a podcast would qualify as "the right setting," partly because it never crossed my mind that it would ever be an option and partly because I think I sound much more intelligent on paper than out loud.

Low and behold though, I was surprised last Friday when I was nominated by sweet Simon Miller, a talented educator from Kellogg, Idaho, to be interviewed as an Inspiring Educator by Sung Lee for his weekly #FlyHighFri moment.


If you have 17 free minutes and are interested in hearing my voice and my thoughts on what I believe is important in the classroom, click on the graphic above. Then you might want to listen to future #FlyHighFri moments like I plan to. (And I can guarantee you won't want to miss next week's!)


P.S. Thank you Simon for so sweetly nominating me (you bless me completely), and thank you Sung Lee for celebrating educators. Regie Routman says that celebration is at the heart of her best teaching, so I believe in your crusade. By celebrating us, even though we're not looking for it, you remind us that what we're doing is beyond important and you nudge us to continue that work. Thank you for letting me be part of the celebration. It was truly an honor.


Pin It!

14 comments:

  1. Wow-what a great opportunity! I loved hearing you in person and hearing about your classroom experiences! Thank you so much for sharing this with us. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Miss Trayers, I'm very thankful for the opportunity. It's certainly not something I would have ever looked for or expected. Thank you for listening!

      Delete
  2. Well how cool is that? Nice going, Tammy. It was fun to hear your voice:) You sound just as nice as I imagined.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barb, yep pretty cool! I'm glad you thought I sounded nice and expected me to. Thank you for listening Barb. :)

      Delete
  3. Tammy,
    Love the interview!! You have a beautiful talking voice so I am sure your singing voice much be beautiful too! Melissa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Melissa, thank you. I typically think my talking voice sounds like I'm 12. :) Thanks for listening.

      Delete
  4. Yay, yay! Cool, cool! I always think you have good and interesting things to say on your blog, so I wouldn't expect any different. Can't listen this morning, but after school! Sara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sara, thanks for thinking I've got something interesting to share and thanks for listening. :)

      Delete
  5. I really enjoyed listening to you! And you sound every bit as intelligent on podcast as you do on your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lori, thank you for listening and thinking that I sound intelligent even on a podcast. It was pretty cool to get the opportunity.

      Delete
  6. I can't wait to listen to you (once I leave the loud swim lessons)!! What a treat this will be! Thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for listening Em! I hope you enjoyed it.

      Delete
  7. Tammy! First, you sound so young! Ha! Second, this interview just reminded me why you are my favorite blogger! I love your heart for teaching and your students. This was a great reminder for me to be the gatekeeper for my students and to remember that I always want to teach more to their hearts than heads. Thank you for continuing to inspire and push me to be a better teacher! So thankful the Lord put your blog in my path years ago.

    Crystal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crystal, like 12?! That's what I always think. I'm completely honored to be called your favorite blogger. I'm thankful to the Lord for you too. :)

      Delete