Tuesday, May 1, 2012

The Proof's on the Wall

I love finding new ways of sending the message, "This space is as much yours as it is mine, and I want to cover these walls with proof."  

You're looking at an area of my classroom's library.  I bought garage sale and thrift store frames, painted them black, and turned this wall into a mini-gallery.  When the kids bring me artwork from home, I frame it here on the wall.  The only stipulation is that it must be original artwork.  It's not that I don't appreciate the coloring book pages.  (Those get stapled to the wall behind my desk.)  It just seems to me that if it's framed, I want it to be all them.


I'd eventually love to have more frames up.  Until then, when a new picture arrives, I just slip an older one out and add the new one.


I'm pretty sure this is an idea from The Sisters, so all credit goes directly to them.  I just tweaked it a little, which is what we all do to make the wonderful ideas of others fit our needs a little better.  It's all yours now if you'd like to tweak too.

Pin It!

14 comments:

  1. That last picture is all heart...just like you! Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh thanks Sandi. That's very sweet of you to say. Happy week to you too!

      Delete
  2. I am going to steal this idea and use it next year!! The frames make their work extra special!!
    Connie :)
    welcometofirstgraderoom5.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Connie, I'm glad you're stealing it. I hope you love it as much as I do.

      Delete
  3. These pictures look wonderful on you walls! I know that being put in a frame makes your students feel so important!
    Lori
    Conversations in Literacy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lori, yep the kids do feel pretty important when their picture ends up in a frame. It looks a lot better than the hodgpodge of coloring books pages behind my desk too. :)

      Delete
  4. I love this idea! What a great way to build self-esteem.

    Dee
    First Impressions

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dee. They do feel pretty special when their art is framed.

      Delete
  5. This is a great idea. I have my kiddos' art pinned all over the place and it looks sloppy. This takes it to the next level! The kids will feel extra special too! Puttin' this on the "summer to-do" list :). Thank you for sharing.

    Kelley Dolling
    Teacher Idea Factory

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kelley, you're very welcome. Come by again some time.

      Delete
  6. OH Tammy! How have I not seen your blog before? Love your ideas :)
    ☼Libby
    First Grade Dual

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Libby, thank you so much for those sweet sweet words!

      Delete