Thursday, October 19, 2017

Project Celebrate


From the books I've read, to the book club conversations I've had, to the time I've spent in the Boise State Writing Project and Idaho Coaching Network, I'm consistently reminded that it's time to celebrate. It's time to notice. It's time to encourage and thank. Celebration is pivotal to a healthy culture.



With permission and encouragement from my principal, I created this bulletin board for my school's workroom and invited my colleagues to join me in Project Celebrate. The challenge is to write a note to each staff member before the end of the trimester (and repeat that two more times during the remainder of the year). There's a basket of colorful and inviting paper and cards on the workroom countertop, and each staff member received a list of names just in case they want to check names off as they write. 

This is the kind of place I want to work at.



SaveSave
Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. I love this!! I can't wait to hear how it turns out! We have been really working to build stronger relationships this year with each other. So we are doing a book study together, a funny quote wall in lounge, and I hosted a bonfire. These little changes are needed. Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Em, I think it's going well. I've been seeing notes in teacher boxes. I love what you're doing. Culture is important.

      Delete