Saturday, May 27, 2017

My Big News

Today was my last day of year 23. Like many teachers, I'm appreciative of a chance to breathe, while at the same time, I'm looking ahead to where I want and need to be in my profession. 

My very near future is an exciting one, and I've been quietly anticipating it for nearly four years. In fact, it's kind of a big deal. I'm publishing a book for teachers, and I hope to have it in my hands by mid-July at the latest. I've never given birth, but I feel like an expectant mother. I have high hopes for this book and yet wonder if it will live up to my expectations. Even though I haven't seen it yet, I know it inside and out but hope that the final product feels as exciting and fresh as it did when I first started this journey.

If you're interested in reading an excerpt, check out this link where my superintendent shares a portion of my book in the local paper. 



Keep an eye out for my book release blog post. I'm looking forward to sharing it with you all.

Pin It!

20 comments:

  1. How exciting, Tammy! I can't wait to read it! I guess I can say I knew you before you became famous :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mimi, ah you make you smile. I'm not sure about the famous part, but I'm honored to know you!

      Delete
  2. Drop the mic; this is FANTASTIC news. What a way to start my day. I can't wait to interview you on my blog and help your treasure make its trek to better our world. Cape up and crusade on! Barbara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barbara, you are so very good to me! Thank you for your willingness to promote this dream of mine.

      Delete
  3. That's fantastic, Tammy! A huge congratulations! I'm very excited for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! I'm looking forward to your baby's arrival.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary B, Yes, me too. It's been a long pregnancy. :)

      Delete
  5. Amazing Tammy! I can't wait to read it! I know what a huge project that must have been to complete while teaching. I think it's wonderful you are going to share your ideas with the world!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Miss Trayers, it has been quite a process, but I've survived and am excited to share.

      Delete
  6. Wow! What wonderful news! Congratulations to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lisa for sharing my wonderful news with me. :)

      Delete
  7. I am SO excited to read the book of the teacher who has shared some of her favorite authors that have become my own favorites. I have learned so much from you. I am standing with my debit card ready. Once you have a pre-sale date let us all know!!! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ann, you are very good to me. I'm excited to share it with you! I'll keep you posted.

      Delete
  8. I can't WAIT to get my hands on it!! I eagerly look forward to learning even more from you. Thank you for always inspiring me to push myself. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Em, thank you for sharing in my excitement. I'm so happy to share this book with you!

      Delete
  9. Ah, so cool! That is big news! Can't wait to see it.
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  10. It IS exciting news and it definitely lives up to expectations!

    ReplyDelete