Saturday, May 13, 2017

Kindness Mantra


This has been on my board for the last few months. Obviously it needs no explanation. It's one of the smarter sentences I've created, and it's certainly one of the most repeated in my classroom, as any first grade teacher can imagine. 

I understand this phrase requires a lot from little people. Let's be honest. It requires a lot from adults, me included. That's all the more reason to provide our youngest citizens the opportunities to regard kindness as a crucial, even more important than their own way.

It doesn't matter if you only have a few days left with your students. I invite you to write this on your board now and repeat it often. 



Pin It!

8 comments:

  1. Yes!! I will also be writing this on our fridge at home. And you are right...it is important for both the adults in my home and children! Thank you. You continue to inspire.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Em, that's smart to share this in your home too. I shared it with parents. I'm hoping they can do what you're doing.

      Delete
  2. I couldn't agree more, Tammy! Although in my room it might need to be "...than being first." Thanks for another great idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barb, The ending of the phrase morphs in my room too. :)

      Delete
  3. What a great idea! Our kiddos need every tool that we can give them for their toolboxes. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Miss Trayers, yes and I wish I'd given this one out a LONG time ago. :)

      Delete
  4. Our classrooms and beyond need a little of reminding of this motto!

    ReplyDelete