Monday, September 1, 2014

Book Inhalation

Now that I'm back in school, my inhalation of books is rapidly slowing down.  During the next nine months I'm hoping to read as much as this busy teacher possibly can and still be in bed by 9:00 or earlier each night.  Here are my August reads.  There are some great ones here.  


I've read every book in this series.  They're very entertaining spy books.

This book got me thinking about more intentionality when it comes to read alouds.


This YA book is endearing and unexpected.  I liked it a lot.

Fangirl was one of my August favorites.  It's a sweet story.  Go read it.

I finally got to this after two or three summers of it being on my list.  I'm already putting pieces of it into practice in my room.

It took a while to get into this YA historical fiction, but once I was hooked, I enjoyed the plot and the female protagonist a lot.  

This is another YA historical fiction book with two female protagonists.  I'd highly recommend it.  Check it out!

I believe this book is considered a young teen book.  I appreciated the message and seeing life from the viewpoint of a young student with academic needs.  

This one made me go, "What?!"

I hope someone found something here to add to their reading list.  We all need one.  :)

Thanks Deanna for the linky.


Pin It!

9 comments:

  1. I've got to get the Cafe book! I just love Daily 5 so I'd like to try Cafe too. The Daniel Silva books sound interesting. Thanks for the recommendations!
    Chrissy
    First Grade Found Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chrissy, I'm still messing around with Cafe to see how it will work in my classroom, but the premise is great. Daniel Silva's books are great. Start with the first one.

      Delete
  2. Love your recommendations. I'm on my way to get Fang Girl;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Um, I mean Fangirl. Haha! I was reading your post on my phone.

      Delete
    2. Barb, Fan Girl sounds interesting too! :)

      Delete
  3. I can't wait to get Absolutely Almost. Adding it to my cart now! I've read a lot of these books. I don't love spy books but you make me want to try one. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kimberley, you would really enjoy Absolutely Almost. I just know it.

      Delete
  4. That is one down side to school starting up again- less time for us to read and enjoy our own books! I heard Lester Laminek speak one summer at a literacy institute.
    Lori
    Conversations in Literacy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lori, that's a problem, but I'm going to do better than I typically do during school year's past. I've already finished a book and am starting another, so I think I'll make this happen. I hope you enjoyed Lester. He seems passionate.

      Delete