Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Not Just Any Old Glue

My classroom supplies showed up yesterday.  (We don't have  community teacher supplies.  Instead we each get $250 to spend on whatever we'll need for our own classrooms.  Works for me!)  One particular item that arrived has got me excited.  Actually, I bought ten of them!



 It's not just any old glue stick.  Notice what kind it is.


Yep, it's restickable.  Go ahead and move things around.


Basically, you can make your own post-it notes from whatever paper you'd like, large or small.  I never knew such a glue existed until I read Smarter Charts.  (I posted about the book here.)


Here's a picture of how the authors used the restickable glue to help them create one of their classroom charts.



I'm looking forward to the joys of resticking in my room this year!


Pin It!

18 comments:

  1. What a great product! I'm adding that to my list of things to buy today. Thanks.

    Jeanette
    Third Grade Galore

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the second post I've seen about this book today! I'm going to have to get my hands on it...and the glue!

    Crystal

    Teaching Little Miracles

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to have to get some restickable glue! Love it!

    imgoingfirst@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Delighted, yes you should definitely do that.

      Delete
  4. I didn't know about restickable glue! I can see there would be lots of ways to use this!
    Lori
    Conversations in Literacy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lori, I agree. There must be all kinds of uses!

      Delete
  5. I LOVE this! Thank you so much for telling me about it! I'm not a teacher, so I don't have a classroom in which to make use of it, but I am a picture book writer which means mocking up dummies for my stories, and this is the solution I've long been waiting for!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susanna, I hope it works like a charm for you!

      Delete
  6. I love it! Have a great start to your year Tammy!
    Sandi at Literacy Minute

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sandi, thank you! I hope the same for you.

      Delete
  7. Dude! I can't wait to buy this. Thanks for the tip!

    Kimberley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kimberley, cool! Glad you found something you can use.

      Delete
  8. I learned about this when I was at the Teacher's College. So excited to try it out.

    Laurie
    Chickadee Jubilee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laurie, I wonder if that means you met the Smarter Charts authors?

      Delete
  9. I just bought Smarter Charts! I couldn't remember who recommended it:) Now I know.
    Barbara @
    Grade ONEderful
    Ruby Slippers Blog Designs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barb, yep, that was me. Let me know what you think!

      Delete