Sunday, November 15, 2015

The 3 Hs

The 3 Hs are part of every morning in room 18. As I greet kids at the door, they have a choice of whether they want to give me a...

Hug
High five
Handshake

Most choose the hug, but sometimes there's a handshake or high five in the mix. (And there are usually a few kids who aren't really touchy feely, which I completely understand, so of course I don't force anything upon them.)

I've been doing this for so long that I don't even remember where I found the idea. All I know is that I can't take credit. :)


Pin It!

9 comments:

  1. I learned the 3Hs from my master teacher in Stockton, CA in 1990. I've been doing it for 20 years! 😍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Olivepug, I don't think I've been doing it for 20 years but pretty close. :)

      Delete
  2. Wonderful way for your students to start their day!
    Lori
    Conversations in Literacy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lori, I would agree, and it's a good way for me to start the day too.

      Delete
  3. I do breakfast duty since I don't have an actual classroom. I love to say good morning to each kid in our building. Your 3Hs is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Em, I bet the kids enjoy your daily morning greetings!

      Delete