Friday, December 12, 2014

Lines, Shapes, and Patterns

I don't peruse Pinterest much these days, but when I couldn't get to sleep last night, I hopped on and found this picture meant for coloring purposes.  (Click on the picture to visit the Pinterest link.)



I had a moment of creativity.  What if my artists could draw something similar.  I figured we could make it a lesson about lines, shapes, and patterns, which sounds fairly artistic to me.    By the way, I never showed them the picture above.  Here's what they come up with.











Pin It!

15 comments:

  1. What an inspired idea! They were so creative! I love how they were all so different.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Miss Trayers, thank you. I wasn't sure how it would all turn out, but I ended up loving them and their uniqueness too.

      Delete
  2. They look great!!! So what kind of direction did you give them?

    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shannon, thank you. I did one on the board as they did theirs but I encouraged them to make choices about lines, shapes, and patterns so that theirs didn't look like mine. They drew theirs with pencil and then traced with marker.

      Delete
  3. LOVE it! I may do this next week before Christmas vacation. Goodness knows they never get drawing/art instruction at our little school. And they need it. They're SIX! :)

    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shannon, if you do, I'd love to see pictures. My kids enjoyed it, and I'm sure yours would too! :)

      Delete
  4. Very impressive! I love those kinds of lessons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barb, I do as well. I love how different each one is.

      Delete
  5. I love these drawings! And of course, leave it to you to figure out how to use a coloring page in an authentic way! :)
    Lori
    Conversations in Literacy

    ReplyDelete